“Yoga is the cessation of the movements of the mind. Then there is abiding in the seer’s own form.” – Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
What is Yoga?
The word Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit root “Yuj” means “Union”.
Yoga is not just physical exercise, it is much more beyond the perception of logic and human intelligence. Yoga is the progressive process to align energies the way they are, thereby improving and enhancing the various dimensions of life!
Yoga is the key to unlock the immense potential within to achieve anything you want in life!
Yoga doesn’t mean the practice of Asans, Asans practice is the physical aspect of Yoga.
Sage Patanjali has compiled the classical texts on Yoga in the form of “Yoga Sutra” which is popularly known as Ashtang Yoga means Eight Limbs of Yoga.
Eight Limbs of Yoga:
1. Yam: Universal morality or moral restrains
2. Niyam: Personal observance and rules to follow
3. Asans: Practice of Yoga Postures
4. Pranayam: Control of Pran or Breathing exercises
5. Pratyahar: Withdrawl of mind from the senses
6. Dharana: Practice of focus or concentration and cultivating inner awareness
7. Dhyan: Meditation or Devotion to Divine
8. Samadhi: Union with Divine
Asans, Pranayam, and Pratyahar are collectively known as “Hatha Yoga”.
Dharana, Dhyan and Samadhi collectively knowns as “Raja Yoga”.
Benefits of regular Hatha Yoga Practice includes:
- Improves health, energy, strength and body posture
- Become mindful, focused, more productive and unlock the immense potential within, connect to the divine within
- Tones the nervous system, reduces anxiety, stress, sleep better
- Enhances mental power, will power, memory, concentration, determination, and confidence
- Improves flexibility, adaptability, and alertness
- Boosts immunity, regulates hormones, metabolism and detoxify the body by removing toxins from the body
- Improves respiration and Increases blood flow to all body parts and regulates the functions of all physiological systems of the body
- Stimulates internal organs, muscles, tendons, and ligaments which removes various physical limitations
- Yoga helps you reap countless benefits, anything you want, be it a physical, social, intellectual or spiritual aspect of life
“One step towards self”
I am a certified Yoga Teacher in Ashtang Yoga and presently following certificates are under my belt.
- 200 hours YTTC
- Diploma in Yoga Training (Internationally accredited CPD activity)
- Diploma in Yogic Nutrition (Internationally accredited CPD activity)
You may contact for:
- Yoga Classes
- Yoga Retreat
- Yoga Workshop